Stephen Hawking was one of the greatest physicists to have lived in the modern century. An extraordinary scientist who simplified complicated concepts like blackhole and cosmos. Quotes by Stephen Hawking were popular across all ages and quoted generously on most occasions. A professor at the university of Cambridge, he was an iconic figure not only in the science community but also in pop culture known for his brilliant speeches and sense of humor.
Here’s a collection of 15 Incredible quotes by Stephen Hawking that are inspiring with his wit, brilliance and his attitude towards life.
1. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change”.
2. “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge”.
3. “We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special”.
4. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny”.
5. “I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers”.
6. “The downside of my celebrity is that I cannot go anywhere in the world without being recognized. It is not enough for me to wear dark sunglasses and a wig. The wheelchair gives me away”.
7. “We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet”.
8. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious”.
9. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at”.
10. “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit, as well as physically”.
11. “I have so much that I want to do. I hate wasting time”.
12. “We are all different, but we share the same human spirit. Perhaps it’s human nature that we adapt and survive”.
13. “I think computer viruses should count as life … I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We’ve created life in our own image”.
14.”“We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet”.
15.”“Keeping an active mind has been vital to my survival, as has been maintaining a sense of humor”.
To one of the most brilliant minds whose work and legacy would live for many years to come,
R.I.P – Stephen Hawking (1942 – 2018)